PADI Tec 40
PADI TecRec - Tec 40 Diver
Technical diving, scuba diving’s “extreme” sport.
The PADI Tec 40 course is an introduction to technical diving and is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and consists of four dives. Throughout the course you’ll learn how to use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130ft. You’ll also learn to use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50% oxygen (EANx 50). This training also credits towards the Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
You’ll use your recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with Tec diving conditions.
Prerequisites for the Tec 40 course, you must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold aqualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
o 10 dives must be on enriched air
o 12 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
o 6 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have medical form signed by your doctor